Maizeing Acres Inc. Cash Bids
Notes Basis Cash Price (tonne) Cash Price Futures Price Basis Month
Corn
Soybeans
Wheat, SRW

Quotes are delayed, as of June 25, 2024, 09:55:47 AM CDT or prior.
All grain prices are subject to change at any time.
Cash bids are based on 10-minute delayed futures prices, unless otherwise noted.
Corn
Quotes are delayed, as of June 25, 2024, 09:55:47 AM CDT or prior.
Soybeans
Quotes are delayed, as of June 25, 2024, 09:55:47 AM CDT or prior.
Wheat
Quotes are delayed, as of June 25, 2024, 09:55:47 AM CDT or prior.
Canadian Dollar
Quotes are delayed, as of June 25, 2024, 09:55:47 AM CDT or prior.
Important Information

 

Office (call or text): 705-313-2082
Donna: donna@maizeingacresinc.com
cell: 705-930-3488
Pete: pdarcher@xplornet.com cell: 613-391-9218 

 

Current Weekday Hours: 7 am - 4 pm

Weekends: Closed

We are done taking soybeans at our Trenton location until harvest.  We can still take soybeans at Campbellford.

We have reached that time of year when we really need to review where we are at on sales. The down draft after the July 4th holiday is one of the most reliable moves of the year. The new crop values have some risk premium built in because of the unknowns. As we remove some unknowns with the USDA planting report next week, we extract risk premium. New crop corn at $217 might not be exciting vs the $230 last month, but it's a heck of a lot better than the sub $200 old crop. Odds are that we will grow a decent crop and we merge to the old crop values. That's about an 80% probability, historically. Like my friend Roger Gattis, who was up here for Pie Day last year said, "You have 2 planes to take you sky diving. One has 80% functioning parachutes, and the other has 20% functioning. Which plane are you going to climb on?" There are of course no 'always' or 'nevers' in marketing but there are some things that if you repeat them over time, make you money. Selling before July is one of them, especially old crop. 

 

Jeff's getting caught up on our excavating to-do list and is ready to start on yours!  If you have any projects requiring a backhoe or excavator, let us know!  Not sure what all Jeff can do?  Click on the "Excavating" tab at the top of this page.

 

 

Upcoming Events:

Friday, June 28: Comedian Quick Dick McDick is coming to Victoria County Grains! 17961 Simcoe Street North, Manilla.  Everyone welcome. No RSVP necessary. Show starts at 8 pm.  BYOB and lawn chair.  There are no ticket sales, but donations will be accepted at the door for local 4H.  If you're not sure who this guy is, check him out on YouTube.  You're not going to want to miss this! This will contain some language that might not be appropriate for young ears so viewer discretion might be advised.

Thursday, July 4: Northumberland Cattlemen's Annual Beef Day.  Trade Show at 4 pm.  BBQ at 6 pm. Hosted by Derek Dekeyser & Tami Matthews. 1940 Telephone Road, Colborne.

Friday, July 12: The 8th Annual Incredible Doctors' Cookoff.  5:30 - 9 pm.  Tickets are limited and always sell out early.  Contact the office for details.

Thursday, July 18: Northumberland Holstein Club Family Night hosted at Hoftyzer Farms, 9th Murray Road, Frankford.  5:30 - 8 pm.  

August 21 & 22: Hastings County Plowing Match & Farm Show.  Hosted by Richard and Anne Dracup at 416 Sutherland Road, Stirling.

 

 

Ag Market Commentary
Hogs Look to Rebound from Monday’s Losses -

Lean hog futures posted losses of 77 cents to $2.60 on Monday. The USDA National Base Hog price reported at $86.64 on Monday afternoon, up 60 cents

Cattle Shift Focus to Tuesday Trade -

Live cattle futures posted mixed action on Monday, with front months held up by the cast market and closing 17 cents to $1.67 higher. Other

Soybeans Selling the Fact on Lower Conditions -

Soybeans are posting 6 to 8 cent lower trade to start the Tuesday session in a form of buy the rumor, sell the fact type of reaction. They saw some

Wheat Mixed to Start Tuesday -

The wheat complex is trading mixed this morning, with MPLS spring wheat holding up. Prices pulled off the lows into the Monday close, led by the HRW

Cotton Pushing Higher on Tuesday Morning -

Cotton prices are up 38 to 76 points so far on Tuesday. They were up triple digits on Monday, with contracts up 104 to 123 points in the front

Corn Falling Despite Drop in Conditions -

Corn prices are falling another 5 to 6 cents on Tuesday morning. Futures firmed late on Monday, though the nearbys were still fractionally to 1 ½

Full commentary...


The CME Group Intercontinental Exchange